The Church of Almighty God | 3 I Received God’s Great Salvation Because of the Duty

3 I Received God’s Great Salvation Because of the Duty

by Hongwei

(from Bangezhuang Church in Fangshan Small District, Beijing District)

The Church of Almighty God, Eastern Lightning, Salvation
 I Received God’s Great Salvation Because of the Duty
On July 21, 2012, it rained in heavy torrents. That day, I was just performing my duty. After we finished the meeting, I saw the rain had eased off, so I rode my bike and hurried home. When I got onto the road, I found that the flood from the mountain rushed down like waterfall, and the rainwater splashed everywhere on the road, so that it was difficult to see the road surface.
At the sight of the scene, I felt a little frightened, and then I kept calling upon God in my heart, “O God! May You give me faith and courage. Now it is time You want me to bear testimony for You. If You allow me to be washed away by the flood, it also contains Your good will. I’m willing to submit to Your orchestration and arrangement.” After I made such a prayer, I felt peaceful in my heart and was no longer afraid, riding home without stop against the wind and rain. Unexpectedly, a greater danger was awaiting me ahead. There was a steep slope on my way home. As the road was newly paved with asphalt and the rainwater was flowing down along it, though I put on both brakes when I rode down the slope, it was of no use. Below the slope was the auxiliary lane of No.108 national highway, in front of which was a clump of bushes, and then the mainstream of a river. If I couldn’t speed down, I would definitely dash into the bushes and might even fall into the river. In a word, there was almost no hope for me to survive. I thought: I’m finished this time. While I was thinking that, a strength from nowhere actually helped me jump off the bike. I ran down the slope with the inertial force of the bike. I couldn’t stop myself until I arrived at the junction between the bottom of the slope and the auxiliary lane. Just at that moment two cars passed side by side before me. How dangerous! Fortunately God saved me in the dangerous moment.
After I got home, it rained more heavily, and the floodwaters had risen above the 7th step of my house in the twinkling of an eye. At that time, a cable pole fell down and smashed my neighbor’s solar power water heater. I had never seen such a great flood since I was born. After I changed from my wet clothes, I walked to the courtyard and saw that the water had come up to the 13th step of my house, and it was about to flow into the courtyard. I hurried to close the door and began to pack up my MP5 player used for listening to hymns and preachings and the books of God’s word. My wife had also packed up her books. We were prepared to run up the mountain at any moment. At that time, a thought occurred to us suddenly: We can take our own books with us, but there are still a lot of books of God’s family (because we perform our duty as a general-affair-transiting family). How can we carry all of them with us? We hurried to kneel down before God and prayed, “O God! We can take our own books with us, but there are still many books of God’s family kept in storage, and we can’t take them with us. We don’t want to let the property of God’s family suffer loss. May God care for and keep them. We can do nothing, but we are willing to rely on God and submit to God’s orchestration.” After the prayer, I once again saw God’s deed. Originally, the floodwater rolled down with terrible force of destruction, but when passing my house it suddenly slowed down and the current became small, even flowing down bit by bit. Therefore, the books of God’s family didn’t suffer the slightest loss. That night, all our neighbors ran away, for the floodwaters had flowed into their courtyards, while we spent the night in peace under God’s care and keeping.
In that experience, I witnessed God’s wonderful deeds. Since I have survived because of God’s keeping, I can’t be conscienceless. I’ll repay God’s love by preaching the gospel and testifying God more, letting more people come before Almighty God as soon as possible. Our disobedience has provoked God’s anger, and all kinds of disasters are befalling, which is God’s reminding and warning to us. I hope that we all will cherish the last opportunity given by God for us to perform our duty, satisfying God and comforting God’s heart, and meanwhile we will know more about God and see more of God’s deeds in performing our duty.
August 15, 2012
Source: A Hundred Questions and Answers on Investigating the True Way

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gospel Movie Clip "Who Is He That Has Returned" (7) - Testimonies of Experiencing Judgment Before the Seat of Christ

Gospel Movie Clip "Who Is He That Has Returned" (7) - Testimonies of Experiencing Judgment Before the Seat of Christ